Chronic railroad exposures to diesel exhaust, asbestos, creosote, welding fumes, silica sand, benzene-containing solvents and degreasers, herbicides, and secondhand smoke can lead to numerous conditions, including:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL)
- Multiple Myeloma (MM)
- Diesel Asthma
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Reactive Airway Disease (RADS)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
We serve all railroad employees in crafts with historical exposures to toxins, including the following:
- Locomotive Engineer
- Track Department/Trackman
- Locomotive Machinist/Electrician/Pipefitter
- Car Department/Carman
- Bridges & Buildings
In proving up your railroad cancer lawsuit, Hughes Law Offices will take any unique exposures into account. For instance, we have served clients who described leaking underground fuel tanks, serving chemical plants and refineries, exposures from toxic freight, etc. We will bring all of those exposures to bear in proving up your railroad cancer case.
Most of the Class I railroads operate in Illinois, including:
- BNSF Railway – BNSF’s facilities in Illinois include the Eola Yard, Galesburg, Elwood, Corwith Yards, Logistics Park, Cicero Intermodal, and Willow Springs.
- Union Pacific Railroad – Union Pacific’s Illinois-based yards, shops and facilities include Dupo Yard, Proviso Yard, Global Yards I-IV, Northlake, Chicago, Joliet, and Dolton.
- CSX Transportation – CSX operates Barr Yard, 59th Street Yard, and Bedford Park Intermodal Terminal in Illinois.
- Norfolk Southern Railway – NS operates Decatur Yard, 47th Street Yard, Ashland Avenue Yard, Calumet Yard, Landers Intermodal, and Kankakee Yard.
- Canadian National Railway – CN, via its operating lines such as Illinois Central Railroad, runs Champaign Yard, East Joliet Yard, Glenn Yard, Markham Yard, and Schiller Park Intermodal in Illinois.
- Canadian Pacific Railway/Soo Line – CP operates Bensenville Yard and Schiller Park Container Yard in Illinois.